As part of Azizi Bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, a team led by Vice President and Deputy CEO of the bank visited Al-Zahra Orphanage, Shahrak-e-Sazb, Kabul and donated school bags, note books and other amenities including toys to more than 50 orphans and deprived children of the orphanage.
While distributing the gifts amongst the children, Azizi Bank Deputy CEO advised them to study hard and become successful and self-sufficient in life.
Meanwhile, Sayed Hashmatullah Miri, the manager of the orphanage warmly welcomed Azizi Bank team and called upon other institutions to support the orphans and deprived children of the country.
On the other hand, the children were pleased with the visit of the team and thanked Azizi Bank for the valuable gifts and stationary.
Azizi Bank, the largest banking group in Afghanistan has made specific corporate social responsibility plans for the year and will continue to support the cause of the society in the coming days. Some of its activities during the year involved the following.
- Azizi Bank planted more than 2500 trees in Kabul & other provincial locations as part of the “ Green Kabul for a Greener Afghanistan” campaign of the bank.
- Azizi Bank provided financial assistance to the Ministry of Women Affairs for the cause of women’s breast cancer on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- Azizi Bank in association with the Ministry of Women Affairs sponsored an event titled as “Empowering of Afghan Women through Access to Financial Services”.
- Activity supported the orphanages in Kabul and other parts in providing books and other essential amenities.
- Azizi Bank in coordination with the National Blood Bank, Kabul organized a blood donation campaign at the head office. More than 60,000 cc of blood was collected during the campaign.
- Azizi Bank team visited Ali Abad Hospital patients with a “Get Well Soon” message and also distributed fruits, juices and flowers.
- Donated blankets & other materials to Kunduz IDPs during the winters of 2016.
- Ramadan Relief Package - donated food stuff & other amenities to many deprived families.